For those days when you plan to stay at home cozied up with a good book or watching a christmas movie, putting on a cute loungewear look is essential to getting the full cozy effect.
Days spent at home don’t have to include wearing pajamas all day or wearing an old, outdated sweatsuit. If that’s your thing, go for it! But for those of you who want to take your at-home lounge look to the next level, try out a few of these pieces:
- Boxers: Try swapping out your pajama pants or sweats for boyfriend style boxers instead. Not only are boxers super comfortable for just hanging at home, but they are versatile too! Wear them with an oversized top or a cropped tee and jacket, and you’ll instantly look a little more put-together.
- Matching Two-Piece Set: If you want to get changed out of your pajamas for the day but want to keep the feel of pajamas with your outfit, a matching two-piece set is a perfect solution. Whether you opt for a simple matching sweatsuit, an activewear set, or something a little more elevated that looks like an everyday outfit, there are a variety of options available to fit any of your stay-at-home outfit needs.
During the holiday season, there are plenty of reasons to leave the house. From gift shopping, to looking at christmas lights, or even meeting up with friends and loved ones for a casual get-together.
No matter why you need to leave the house during the day, you’ll want to wear something that is both comfortable and fitting for the holiday season.
- Holiday Sweater: Whichever holiday you celebrate this season, there is sure to be a sweater that represents your holiday. You can go for a sweater as silly or sophisticated as you’d like; it all depends on your personal style preferences. Nonetheless, a holiday sweater is an easy and appropriate way to pull together a look with very little effort.
- Festive Accessories: For those of you who prefer to keep your everyday looks rather simple but want to subtly spruce things up for the holiday season, try out a few festive accessories. Anything from a statement coat with an interesting color or pattern to a festive hat or scarf can add some spice to even the simplest of looks.
Parties and gatherings are to be expected during the holiday season, and having the perfect outfit to wear is essential. Holiday party outfits require a little more effort than a casual loungewear look, so be sure to choose an outfit that makes you look your best.
- Sweater Dress: The perfect way to look elegant while still feeling cozy is with a sweater dress. There’s nothing better than putting on one clothing item and suddenly you have an entire outfit that looks like you put much more effort into it than you actually did. Sweater dresses are often made of soft, stretchy material, making them ideal for when you don’t want to sacrifice comfort for style.
- Anything Velvet: Velvet is arguably the fabric of the holiday season. No matter what clothing piece you select as your velvet item of choice, it is sure to instantly take your outfit from casual to formal. Some suggested velvet pieces that you could wear to a more formal holiday occasion include a dress, trousers, or a blazer. All of these items help add an aspect of interest and luxury to your look.
This holiday season, keep comfort at the forefront of your mind. No matter what the occasion that you are getting dressed for, staying comfortable and looking good is totally possible.